CHS Kicks Off DECA Week
The popular program promotes professionalism and business tactics.
Cinnaminson DECA is celebrating its annual "DECA Week" this week with activities planned to promote high school's marketing association.
Christina Belfatto, business teacher and DECA adviser, said the group created two goals for the program this year that will begin this week.
"Our first goal is to increase awareness of Cinnaminson DECA in our school and community," Belfatto said in a release. "Our second goal is to kick off our social media campaign."
DECA can be followed on Twitter and Instagram at @chsDECA2.
On Friday, Mayor Don Brauckmann visited the high school and talked to students about the importance of interview basics such as a good handshake, confidence, eye contact, and dressing professionally.
"It was a great way kick off our annual DECA Week activities," Belfatto said.
Below is a list of DECA Week activities.
- Social media campaign begins
- Students will create DECA Diamonds and display them in the hallway
- Each homeroom will be entered into our Homeroom Contest. At the end of the day, we will announce which homeroom won and the entire homeroom will receive a coupon to the student store.
- Blue and Gold Day—DECA students will wear the national DECA colors
- Recruitment- CHS DECA students will talk to gym classes and homerooms about DECA
- Support Staff Appreciation Day—CHS DECA will invite support staff to the student store for a tasty treat in recognition of their support to our program.
- Team-building activities taking place in class
- Teacher Appreciation Day- CHS DECA will sponsor a breakfast in the teacher’s lounge in recognition of their continuous support of our program.
- Team building activities taking place in class
- Professional Dress Day
- Chapter Breakfast
- Guest Speaker- United Way
In addition, DECA Week pennants and posters will be hung in the hallways as well as featuring a daily business quote or slogan in the library. Also, Mr. Campbell’s Face of the Day will be featuring celebrities who are DECA alumni.