Cinnaminson Family Safe, but Displaced, After Fire
A bathroom exhaust fan caught fire and caused severe damage to the home. Everyone is safe.
Two weeks before Christmas, a Cinnaminson family who lives on Andover Road is now displaced due to a Monday night fire, officials said.
Cinnaminson fire officials got a call at 10:47 Monday night of an upstairs fire. Fire Chief William Kramer said the fire most likely started in the exhaust fan of a second floor bathroom.
“It did significant damage to the attic area,” Kramer said. “And [there was] smoke and water damage to the rest of the house.”
The family—the Poinsetts—is staying with a family member, Dean Poinsett.
“My mother, father and two teenage brothers got out safe,” Poinsett said in an email to Cinnaminson Patch. “They will be staying with me until the insurance company … puts them into a house in or around Cinnaminson.”
Both boys attend Cinnaminson High School.
It was one of those boys who woke up the family, Poinsett said. Their dogs got out safe too.
The Cinnaminson Fire Department brought in one extra engine company to the single-alarm fire, Kramer said. Moorestown’s company responded as well as other emergency officials from Palmyra and Lenola. About 30 firefighters were on the scene. The fire was under control by 11:31 p.m., Kramer said, and the incident was cleared at 1:44 a.m.
This isn’t the first house emergency the family had to deal with this year, Poinsett told Cinnaminson Patch. Hurricane Sandy destroyed the first floor of their home in Long Beach Island.
Stay with Patch we bring you more on this story.