UPDATE: No Major Damage in Airgas Fire
Reports say a product was ignited and heavy smoke was coming out of the roof.
Update 3:15 p.m.:
The fire at Airgas Inc. earlier this afternoon was already out by the time Cinnaminson Fire Department got to the scene, Chief Bill Kramer said this afternoon.
There were no injuries and by mid-afternoon, business was back to normal.
Kramer said there was a "malfunction of equipment" at the plant which forced silane to vent.
"Silane is spontaneously combustible in air so when it vented, it ignited," Kramer said.
Some wind may have played a part because when the silane was burning off, the roof caught fire.
Kramer said the fire was handled by in-house staff but Cinnaminson, as well as Riverton, responded to the fire since of the nature of the company.
"There was very minimal damage, if any," Kramer said.
Original report 2:52 p.m. Monday:
An early afternoon fire was reported at Airgas, Inc., located at 600 Union Landing Road, in Cinnaminson.
According to breaking news reports, heavy smoke was reported coming through the roof of Airgas, which specializes in gases, welding and safety products, at 12:55 p.m. today.
Reports also stated the plant was venting a product which ignited.
At around 1:15, a Riverton fire truck and two EMS trucks were seen leaving the scene of the fire.
Stay with Patch as more information becomes available.