Police Arrest Two in Several Burglaries Across the Area
A joint investigation involving Cinnaminson and Moorestown police resulted in the arrest of two people, including a Moorestown man, last week.
Cinnaminson Police assisted in the arrests of two people for allegedly burglarizing or attempting to burglarize homes here, in Moorestown and the surrounding area over the past few months.
A joint investigation among Moorestown, Cinnaminson, Mount Laurel and Maple Shade police and the Burlington County Prosecutor’s Office culminated in the arrests of Robert A. Hutton, 25, last known address Browning Avenue, Moorestown, and Elaina Decker, 20, last known address Amberfield Drive, Mount Laurel, on Thursday.
Hutton and Decker were arrested for the burglary/theft of a home on the 2500 block of Pine Street in Cinnaminson that occurred Thursday, Moorestown Police said, but were implicated in five other burglaries (three in Moorestown) and two attempted burglaries as a result of the joint investigation.
Moorestown Sgt. Lee Lieber said the investigation is ongoing and additional charges are forthcoming. Hutton and Decker acted as part of a larger group and those individuals will soon be charged as well, he said.
“We’re really happy with the cooperation we got with the prosecutor’s office and the neighboring departments to bring a lot of these cases to resolution,” Lieber said, noting that police were able to recover more than $10,000 worth of stolen jewelry.
Hutton and Decker, who were placed in Burlington County Jail in lieu of bail, will be charged as follows:
- Conspiracy to commit burglary and theft — 200 block of Collins Avenue, 11/28/11
- Conspiracy to commit burglary and theft — 500 block of Devon Road, 1/30/12
- Conspiracy to commit burglary and theft — 400 block of East Oak Avenue, 4/16/12
Decker was also charged with falsely incriminating another, police said, after she falsely accused another person of being her accomplice in the crimes.
- Burglary/theft — 2500 block of Pine Street, 5/3/12
- Charges pending for another burglary on the 2500 block of Pine Street on Oct. 28.
Hutton will be charged as follows:
- Burglary, theft and conspiracy — 200 block of Amberfield Drive, 1/30/12
- Attempted burglary and conspiracy — 600 block of Walton Avenue, 4/16/12
- Attempted burglary and conspiracy — 600 block of Mount Laurel Road, 4/16/12
Decker will be charged with three counts of conspiracy to commit burglary, one for each of the above-mentioned Mount Laurel cases.
Information provided by Moorestown Police. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.