Smoking Exhaust Fan at ShopRite Brings Fire Crews Tuesday Night
There was no fire, and no injuries were reported, Cinnaminson's fire chief said.
The store was evacuated of customers and staff.
Cinnaminson Fire Chief William Kramer said smoke was coming from the motor of an exhaust fan on the store's roof by the public restrooms in the rear of the store.
The store was still closed around 10:15 p.m. when Cinnaminson Patch arrived on the scene and will remain closed until health inspectors deem it safe to reopen.
"I don't think there will be any issues," Kramer said.
An inspection by the health department is standard since it's a grocery store, the chief added.
Members of the fire department vented the smoke out. There were no injuries or any other damage reported.
Once the health department deems the store safe, it will reopen. Kramer said that could even be this evening. The store closes at midnight.