Freeholders this week reviewed the plans and specifications of Public Works Director Joseph T. Brickley’s Annual Road Resurfacing Program for what is anticipated to cost $7.7 million to overlay 16 county roads in 14 municipalities for a total of 21.4 miles.
Cinnaminson is included in that plan.
The county would fund the project with $4,504,000 from the annual NJ Transportation Trust Fund. The remaining $3.2 million would be funded by the county. Freeholders are expected to approve the plans and specifications, and authorize advertising for bids at the Oct. 24 meeting.
"This annual initiative is essential in maintaining our county roads in order to alleviate major reconstruction of roads if they are left in disrepair," Freeholder Deputy Director Joseph B. Donnelly said. "And we do it right. Over the course of the last four years, we will have milled, overlayed with about 315,000 tons of asphalt and striped nearly a quarter of our county roads."
Utility companies and the 14 municipalities in which construction will be scheduled according to the 2012 plan have been notified to avoid conflicting with any other road construction projects.
County roads scheduled to be resurfaced in 2012 include (Bolded are the areas in and closest to Cinnaminson):
- 0.5 miles of Bordentown Road (County Route 657) from Route 130 to Columbus Road (CR543) in Burlington City
- 2.0 miles of Burlington-Mount Holly Road (CR541) from I-295 overpass in Burlington Township to Route 130 in Burlington City
- 0.4 miles of Warren Street (CR543) from Wilmerton Street in Beverly to Keim Street in Edgewater Park
- 3 miles of Beverly-Rancocas Road (CR626) in Willingboro from Route 130 to Garfield Drive
- 2.7 miles of Riverton Road (CR603) from Route 130 in Cinnaminson to Bridgeboro Road (CR613) in Moorestown
- 1.8 miles of Camden Avenue/Main Street (CR537) from Maple Shade border with Camden County to Lenola Road (CR608) in Moorestown
- 0.9 miles of Church Street (CR607) from Route 38 in Moorestown to the NJ Turnpike overpass in Mount Laurel
- 1.1 miles of Church Road (CR616) from the Maple Shade border with Camden County to Fellowship Road in Mount Laurel
- 0.5 miles of Church Road (CR616) in Mount Laurel from Springdale Road (CR673) to Route 73
- 1.3 miles of Church Road (CR616) in Mount Laurel from Route 73 to Church Street (CR607)
- 0.7 miles of Washington Street from Cumberland Avenue in Hainesport to Madison Avenue (CR691)
- 1.1 miles of Rancocas Road (CR626) from Lambert Drive in Westampton to High Street in Mount Holly
- 0.1 miles of King Street (CR691) in Mount Holly from Marne Highway (CR537) to Rancocas Road (626)
- 0.7 miles of Ridge Road (CR642) in Southampton from Buddtown Road (CR642) to Ridge Road (CR643)
- 4 miles of Chatsworth-Barnegat Road (CR532) in Woodland from Rt. 72 to Main Street (CR563)
- 0.4 miles of Main Street/Chatsworth-New Gretna Road (CR563) in Woodland from Lake Avenue to Fourth Street
The county highway network includes 508.4 miles of county roads, 364 bridges, 700 culverts, more than 243 traffic control devices and 17,000 signs.