—Submitted by the YMCA
It’s time to fulfill those New Year’s resolutions. This year, start off the year on the right foot at the YMCA of Burlington and Camden Counties and make the commitment to a new year and a new you.
Now through Jan. 31, you can join the Y at the Burlington-Riverfront YMCA or the Mt. Laurel YMCA and the joiner fee will be waived. This savings (up to $150) makes joining easier and more affordable to create that new you.
In addition, the Mt. Laurel YMCA recently announced a new lineup of fun and inspiring programs for the winter session, which runs from Jan. 7 through March 3, to help members of all ages achieve their health and wellness goals.
New group exercise classes include:
- Cardio Kickboxing: Kick-up your heart rate with this class that blends athletic drills with martial arts. Cardio Kickboxing will be offered on Thursdays from 9:45-10:35 a.m. and Fridays from 9:30-10:20 a.m. Free for Y facility members; cost for program members is $50.
- Extreme Boot Camp: Spice up your strength training routine on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:30-7:20 a.m. with Extreme Boot Camp. Free for Y facility members; cost for program members is $50.
- Piloxing: Try this latest fitness craze which uniquely blends the power, speed, and agility of boxing with the sculpting and flexibility of Pilates. Piloxing will be offered on Tuesdays from 9:45-10:35 a.m. Free for Y facility members; cost for program members is $50.
New youth programs include:
- Tennis - Beginners: Learn the basics of tennis with this introductory level class. Class for children ages 5-7 takes place on Wednesday nights from 5-5:40 p.m., followed by class for ages 8-12 from 5:50 to 6:50 p.m. Cost is $75 for Y facility members, $150 for program members and $187 for non-members.
- Trivia & Board Games Bonanza: Children ages 8 and older will have fun learning trivia, playing board games and making friends while keeping their minds fit. Class takes place Saturdays from 12-12:45 p.m. Cost is $25 for Y facility members, $50 for program members and $62 for non-members.
The Burlington-Riverfront YMCA is located at 302 Commerce Square Boulevard in Burlington. The Mt. Laurel YMCA is located at 59 Centerton Road in Mt. Laurel. For more information about programs and services offered at the YMCA of Burlington and Camden Counties, visit www.ymca-bc.org or call 856-234-6200 for the Mt. Laurel YMCA or609-543-6200 for the Burlington-Riverfront YMCA.