The student was charged with second-degree attempted sexual assault, fourth-degree aggravated criminal sexual contact, lewdness, and harassment. He was remanded to the Camden County Juvenile Detention Center.
The suspect was identified by a female who lives in the complex around 2:26 p.m. Sunday. She contacted police and told them she spotted a person matching the description given following two attempted criminal sexual contact incidents on Feb. 18.
Officers on patrol in the complex at the time she contacted police quickly spotted the suspect, who fled on foot. Following a pursuit, police apprehended the suspect.
An extensive investigation conducted by Gloucester Township Police Detectives resulted in the suspect being charged in five criminal sexual contact incidents at the apartment complex between December of last year and Feb. 20, 2014.
* Jan. 31, 2014, 6:37 p.m.: Suspect approached woman, shows her a condom, as she walks away suspect grabs her buttocks, woman screams and suspect runs away.
* Feb. 18, 2014, 6:35 p.m.: Suspect approaches a woman who is clearing snow off her car, grabs her buttocks and attempts to kiss her, woman screams and suspect runs away.
* Feb. 18, 2014, 6:40 p.m.: Suspect approaches another woman walking, grabs her buttocks and attempts to kiss her, woman screams and suspect runs away.
* Feb. 20, 2014, 6:05 p.m.: Suspect approached a woman going to her apartment, grabs her buttocks, she yells at him and suspect flees.
* Unknown date in December 2013: After seeing Gloucester Township Police Community Crime Alert, woman reported that a male approached her and rubbed her shoulders inappropriate way, she yelled at him and he fled.
Further details of the 13-year-old student and the identity of the victims are not being released. The many tips and information received from the community led to this arrest, police said.