.

Cinnaminson Family Safe, but Displaced, After Fire

A bathroom exhaust fan caught fire and caused severe damage to the home. Everyone is safe.

 

Two weeks before Christmas, a Cinnaminson family who lives on Andover Road is now displaced due to a Monday night fire, officials said.

Cinnaminson fire officials got a call at 10:47 Monday night of an upstairs fire. Fire Chief William Kramer said the fire most likely started in the exhaust fan of a second floor bathroom.

“It did significant damage to the attic area,” Kramer said. “And [there was] smoke and water damage to the rest of the house.”

The family—the Poinsetts—is staying with a family member, Dean Poinsett.

“My mother, father and two teenage brothers got out safe,” Poinsett said in an email to Cinnaminson Patch. “They will be staying with me until the insurance company … puts them into a house in or around Cinnaminson.”

Both boys attend Cinnaminson High School.

It was one of those boys who woke up the family, Poinsett said. Their dogs got out safe too.

The Cinnaminson Fire Department brought in one extra engine company to the single-alarm fire, Kramer said. Moorestown’s company responded as well as other emergency officials from Palmyra and Lenola. About 30 firefighters were on the scene. The fire was under control by 11:31 p.m., Kramer said, and the incident was cleared at 1:44 a.m.

This isn’t the first house emergency the family had to deal with this year, Poinsett told Cinnaminson Patch. Hurricane Sandy destroyed the first floor of their home in Long Beach Island.

Stay with Patch we bring you more on this story.

Mark December 12, 2012 at 01:14 PM
These are friends of mine, and I can say with a heavy heart the pain I am feeling for this family. I know they will pull together and get through the holidays the best they can. They have an enormous group of friends and family standing behind them and ready to jump into action to get them back on their feet.
John December 12, 2012 at 02:38 PM
Yes, I noticed the activity at 1048 going down willow....Did not know it was a fire but i am glad all is well on andover....
Ric December 12, 2012 at 02:53 PM
.To quote Queen Elizabeth II from 1992, 2012 has certainly been a "horribilis annus" for the Poinsett family - having to deal with a fire at their main home right after hurricane wreaked havoc on their shore property. Thankfully no one including the dawgs were hurt in either disaster. I hope they are able to get their homes back together rather quickly and for 2013 to be a much better year for them.
Courtney Skillman December 12, 2012 at 03:57 PM
Is there any type of donation/collection set up for the family to help with the holidays? If so please post.
greatness December 13, 2012 at 12:55 AM
I am with Courtney. If the family reads this please dont be shy or too proud to ask for help. Thats what neighbors are for. I'm right around the corner so please do not hesitate to respond to these post. Jake's my buddy and Ive coached him for years.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »